Thank you for trusting us with your children. We are committed to providing your family with the best early childhood education experience possible. We do this by hiring the best teachers, providing them a wide range of continuing education opportunities throughout the year and providing them with the resources necessary to implement what they learn into our classrooms.
We believe that Toddlertime is YOUR preschool as much as it is your child’s preschool. Research shows that parent involvement is an important aspect of your child’s education and the earlier the involvement, the more powerful the effects. Parent involvement is defined as communicating, volunteering, team decision making, learning at home and collaborating with the community. We offer all those opportunities at Toddlertime and hope that you will get involved! Not only is your involvement good for your child but it’s also fun and a great way to make your own friends.
If my child is sick how do I let the school know?
The best way to let us know is to email the office at [email protected].
Where do I park?
Is there any way to extend my child’s day?
How long is a health form valid?
Do you have a summer camp?
Where do I check for school closures, delays or early dismissals?
What is your illness policy?
We follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov) and the Town Health Director.
Children should be kept home if he/she:
- is on a laxative/suppository
- has diarrhea within a period of 24 hours
- had any episodes of vomiting occur within a period of 24 hours
- had a temperature over 100 degrees within 24 hours
- has a sore throat or persistent cough
- has red eyes with discharge
- has lice (Parents must treat the child with either an over the counter or prescription shampoo and remove all nits and lice. After the shampoo treatment, parents should continue to check hair daily and remove nits for 2 weeks. Hair should be re-treated in 7-10 days or as instructed on the shampoo)
- has a skin rash, excluding diaper rash, lasting more than 1 day
- has a runny nose, especially with a colored mucus
- has begun an antibiotic less than 24 hours ago
- has a noticeable change in their normal activity level
- had very little sleep night before
What if I want or need to speak with a teacher?
Do I need to send in a snack?
How does drop off work?
Do you offer anything when school is closed?
What if I can’t pick my child up on time or need someone else to?
The mission of Toddlertime’s educational program is to provide a foundation for success in life. With this goal in mind, we have been inspired by leaders of education, business, and health fields to create an educational program that not only prepares children for later success in school but also develops key skills which will serve children throughout life.
Get in Touch!
23 Park Street
(In the Congregational Church)
New Canaan, CT 06840
(203) 972-3111 Phone